Anyway...I spent this past weekend in the Bay Area. Some of my awesome, sweet and generous former students helped arrange for me to go see the Stanford v. USC game. It has become a kind of tradition to get out there to at least one game a year. Even though Stanford lost (45-23), it was a great first half and, considering USC's current ranking, not a bad score!
Two of my former students play football (both on athletic scholarship) for Stanford: Bo McNally, Safety, #22 (graduated in 05) and Liam McNally, FB, #30 (graduated in 08). A third former student, Sam Olawana, also graduated from Highland in 08 (and played football for Highland)and goes to school at Stanford on a full-ride academic scholarship.
The game was on Saturday afternoon (4pm) and then we spent Sunday in San Francisco and Monday were back in Palo Alto to have lunch with Sam..
San Francisco was beautiful on Sunday. It was great! However, the trip was also a little melancholy because I had spent so much time in San Fran with Betsy, Ben and the Kids! Made me miss those Ba-giniaians!
San Francisco was busy on Sunday but we had hot fudge sundaes at Giradelli Square, walked along the piers, saw the sea lions at Pier 39, lunched at the Sea Lion Cafe, shopped on Fisherman's Wharf, listened the Stanford marching band that performed on one of the piers...and just had a great day!View from the pedestrian bridge on the wharf at night.
Alcatraz with a San Francisco Fire Department boat.
Another view at sunset at the piers.
This guy didn't move all day!

2 comments:
I LOVED IT!!!!! I miss you tons. I love to see the SF picturs, it does make me home sick. The picture of you with the boys is really cute. I am so glad that you had a fun time.
That sounds like a fun little get away.
Please start blogging. I love to see your cute face.
Love you Kitty
Post a Comment