Friday, August 7, 2009

WOW! My trip to the east coast!

It has been almost a year since my last post...and I have been harshly chastised about it. Sorry, all! I keep telling people that I have nothing to post. With a life of teaching high school, being an athletic director and going to graduate school, my life is pretty boring and doesn't have much to take pictures of or blog about. Well, at least that is my excuse!

Anyway, after being teased by both "out-of-towners" and "in-towners", here is my newest and greatest blog entry!
I just returned from a two week trip (7/22/09-8/5/09) to Virginia and North Carolina. The trip to the Outer Banks (North Carolina) is my annual trip with my aunt and uncle (Cherry & Mel Bryson) and their kids. Then I added on three days before and three days after to spend time in Virginia with Ben, Betsy, Michael, Emma and Sarah.
The first three days in Virginia were awesome! I miss the BVTs sooo much! The day I arrived it was Ben's birthday and, of course, we opened presents (including his tent).


On Friday, July 24, Heather, Jared and their kids Hannah and Sophie drove down from Christiansburg to Richmond. Betsy and Ben's house is about half way to the Outer Banks from their house so they came down and spent the night and then took me with them to OBX the next day.






We spent a week in an amazing house on the Outer Banks. Cherry & Mel are so generous and kind to invite us all down there to have so much fun!

I spent the week riding jet skis on the ocean and sound, swimming, riding bikes, playing on the beach, visting with the family and just having a great and relaxing time!


After a week at the beach I headed back to Betsy and Ben's. We spent another three great days partying. This included a trip to Monticello and my favorite activity -- fishing on the pond!




It was a great two week summer vacation. Michael, Emma and Sarah are the sweetest kids ever!



4 comments:

Van Tassell said...

Thanks for coming Kits. Just a few minutes ago Sarah said, "I think Katie is downststairs." We miss you tons.

Whitney, Matt, Kaylin said...

I am happy you have updated your blog and that you had a great fun and relaxing vacation. It's so nice you be able to spend time with your family.

Randy Wood said...

Very true, your blog was in need of an update!! I miss ya Katie.... Monticello is gorgeous huh>? Love it. I need to come up and play games soon! Hope the summer is going well.

Luv, Randy

Erin Jepsen said...

Love it keep them coming make your pics a little bigger. Somewhere in layout you can choos S M L you are choosing small, just a thought!